The use of Prestashop as e-commerce platform is on the rise due to its flexible features and cost-effective solutions. More and more tech companies are trying to integrate with Prestashop i.e MailChimp. PrestaShop is a unique open-source and free platform which allows its users to design their own online shops. Instead of charging customers form the sales commission, PrestaShop generates its revenue by selling addon modules. These addon modules are a great way to add very useful extra functionalities to online stores.
Today we are going to share some PrestaShop modules that we think will not only improve the user experience for your PrestaShop site but at the same time, it will help you make more sales.
Pre-ordering is now a standard feature that many online stores now offer. It lets your customers preorder any item from your shop if it is out of the stock.
Customers will see the Pre-Order button on the products that are out of stock. You will be able to see the exact demand for that particular product, which makes it easy for the merchant order the quantity to the manufacturer.
Some of the key features of this addon are as follows:
- The customer can see a countdown timer for the availability of out of stock products.
- The customer can get nonfiction on product availability.
- Clients can manage their product subscription through their account.
- Admin can manage all the orders through a single page.
- Notify button is AJAX based.
- The customer can select products based on product attributes.
- The administrator can set the max number of Pre-orders a product can be.
If you have one or more than one physical stores, it is very important that you let your online customers know your locations. This module lets you share all of your store location on convenient google maps. As the module is based on google maps API it contains all the feature that standard google maps.
You can add as much store locations as you want. Some of the key features are as follows:
- List view and map view formats are displayed when listing stores for search
- Various store locations are provided on the map with the help of map markers, while on mouse over, quick details such as working hours of the store, brand name and contact information is shown by a pop-up window
- You can manage the layout of the wall page for instance 1 columns, 2 columns etc, from the back office
- Give customers the option of searching stores by location or product. Allow a search span to find the nearest.
- All stores will be shown in a drop down.
Sometimes customers want to add a touch of personalization to the item that they want to buy. This is exactly what this module does for you and your customers. It lets your customer customize a number of products like phone cases, shirts, caps etc. Customers will be shown the total cost of customization that they will pay directly to you.
Other key features include:
- Add a custom design panel to any product
- Add custom fonts, colors, and images
- Allow customers to upload image
- Set the multiple pricing rules as per your requirement
- Receive & process customized orders
It is a very common thing to buy a gift voucher for loved ones. The people can use these gift cards to buy anything later. This is a very useful module as it not only generates direct revenue at the same time it also brings more customers. It also works as a marketing tool as the person to which gift card is forwarded gets introduced to your store. As that new customer is referred by someone who he/she trust, it highly likely that they trust your store as well.
Some key features are:
- Create multiple gift card templates for birthday, wedding, etc.
- Allows your customers to purchase & send the gift card to their loved ones.
- Allow to send a custom amount, range or from a Pre-defined amount drop down.
- Automatically send the receivers a notification of Gift card.
Sometimes visitors want to have a customized quotation for the product. They might want to know the price if they want to have the item in big quantity or with minor changes. This PrestaShop module lets you create fully customizable quotations forms that are displayed to the visitors when they click on "add to quote" button. You will receive the email notification with all the details of the quotations.
Other features include:
- Add "Add to Quote" button to Any Product
- Create Customize-able Quote Forms / Templates
- View & Reply Quotation Requests from Back-office
- Allow Customers to add Multiple Products in Bag and ask for bundle Quote
- Ask Customer Budget Using Customization Quote Form
- Notify Customer VIA email when Quote is Approved & Send Discount Voucher
- Email Notification to Admin when New Request for Quote is placed
Having a blog on your site is a great way to attract traffic and returning customers. You can also use blogs to share news and exciting offers. If you are producing great content on your blog, there is a great chance that your content gets ranked on google giving you a traffic boost. Prestashop does not come with a blog by default but you can add a blog module. This blog module is a completely revamped version and now has all the functionalities of a full-fledged blog.
Some of the features are as follows:
- Show-up relevant posts on product pages
- Select any of the Google fonts for blog writing
- Add simple or multi-lingual banners with external links
- Display banners on left/right or top/bottom of the blog page
- Reposition banners with a simple drag and drop action
- 100% Responsive templates
- Supports Multilingual websites
- Works Well with Multi-store website
- Add slideshow to the blog landing page
- Display posts slider on the homepage
- Configure slider settings and select a theme
- Facebook API comments to prevent spamming
- Antispam and captcha (optional)
- SEO (rewrite category url, add meta title, keyword & description)